Traffic was mild, beach breeze kept the temperature under control, and the beach was having a low-season day because today is not a holi-day.
Thai-style beach visit is as follows:
1. Park as close to the sand as possible
2. Transfer from car to umbrella shade on the sand as quickly as possible
3. Select a table and deck-chairs, and pay 120baht rent
4. Order drinks, and bucket of nam keng [hard water aka ice], and a selection of over-priced sea-foods
5. Let the kids hit the sand and water
6. Drink, when it arrives at the table
7. Eat, when it arrives at the table
8. Ram some food/drinks into the kids when they visit to ask for a ride on the jet-ski
9. After 3 hours on the deck-chairs...grab the kids and find a toilet/shower...cost 15 baht per person, including soap and shampoo.
10. Transfer to car.
Here is a friendly local who helped us to finish the fish...he was polite and careful to not overstay his welcome.